Hello and Welcome back book lovers.
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of bookstore.”
Well bookstores are beautiful paradises filled with magical books and mythical & mystical readers wandering across dimensions. These readers surprise us with their knowledge, dictate us with their endless questions, and amuse us with their conversations
We just love our readers and today we give you an inside peak on the various type of readers we stumble upon in bookstores
- The Quiet Reader:
These types of readers find the best corners in the stores to read and they don’t want to be disturbed. Relaxed, composed and heavily invested in their books such readers would complain if they hear a single drop of noise also. Intellectually demanding they stand by the DONOT DISTURB ME Policy while reading in a store.
- The Caffeine Addict:
These readers just cannot read a book without putting huge amounts of coffee in their systems. You find them in book café’s or in reading areas with always a cup of coffee as they don’t enjoy reading without getting HIGH ON CAFFEINE. We do agree it is the best combination
- The Chatter ji’s:
Predominantly our YA crowd (teenagers). You will find them in groups and reading out aloud. You can hear their chitter chatter across the store on how Edward is so hawttt and how Augustus is the ideal boyfriend . You might even catch young couples holding hands and reading books to each other. Now that’s CUTE
- The Social Reader:
These types of readers just want to have a good time. They enter a bookstore to have stimulating conversations with strangers, to start laugh riots and flaunt a know it all attitude. They can keep Booksellers busy all day in the store with their never ending questions and engaging conversations. In fact they don’t actually read books they read the WIKIPEDIA
- The Wanderer :
This type of readers is actually really confused most of the time while selecting books. You will see them pacing around the store some 100 times figuring what to read, asking for recommendations and still not figuring out a book. You see them skimming various pages of different books to arrive at a conclusion. We see them jumping genres, chasing too many booking and exuberating umpteen zeal at the sight of every new book. We guess these type of readers will never be BORED by anything.
We hope you enjoyed the blog..do drop in your comments if you are any of these types of readers.
(P.S: List was combined by observing readers in our natural habitat (books))
Hello and Welcome back book lovers.
Social media lets you connect with everybody and anybody on the go..and everybody who is anybody is present on these platforms tweeting, facebooking, regraming, texting ,tubing and hanging out. And we all love it when somebody you idolize and like tweets you back..
So we know all the celebrities, ministers, journalists, news anchors, cricketers who are all present on all digital platforms and our Indian authors are not behind on the social media wagon..
Here is a looks at our popular literati on social media:
- Young India Mascot: Chetan Bhagat
Love him or hate him..you just cannot ignore him! With a Facebook following of more than 55 lakhs and 6 successful books in his kitty, he is out to show a different India.. From films to politics he has an opinion on everything and for him any publicity is good publicity. He is the no 1 most followed author in the country.
2. The Gifted One: Ashwin Sanghi
This is one author with a vast love and source of knowledge, with more than 1lakhs twitter followers he keeps us entertained with witty quotes, news updates and historic facts. Completely down to earth with a warm heart and smile He stands no 2 on our list.
3. The Boy Next Door : Durjoy Datta
With his cute Srk dimples and boyish charm.. he going to melt your hearts .. His Fb and Instagram are all filled with pictures of his dimples and selfies with fans.. and girls cant get enough of him.. Fans drool on his fb status updates, stalk him on twitter and send him poems,gifts, love messages and much more. Fans have proclaimed him as a total hottie as his gan following is predominantly raving teenage girls..He is no 3 on our list with around 4 lakhs fan base and half a lakh followers on twitter
4. The King of Romance: Ravinder Singh
We did not mean Srk of Course..but he is currently the biggest romance writer in the country..His total desi flavour of writing has wooed fans all over the country.. his fans have cried over all his books. He his always regularly tweeting and facebooking on relationships and what are the best things that make a relationship. This Romantic star loves being in touch with his fans and is listening to what young India feels on love. He is our No 4 most popular author
5. God’s Own Child: Amish
Har Har Mahadev!! Bestowed as this decade’s Literary Popstar.. this author with 3 blockbuster books is a marketing wiz. Close to a lakh follower on fb and 50k follows on twitter he has grown instantly in the writers circuit.. Be it is advance paychecks or his movie deals.. this author make news style. He only tweets but there is a huge fan following for his writing style .. he stand no 5 on our list
Other Popular authors on social media include:
- Ravi Subramanian
- Devdutt Pattanaik
- Rashmi Bansal
- Amitav Ghosh
- Preeti Shenoy
We do have a whole lot more names on the list obviously but we couldn’t fit everybody…Sorry 😉
Hope you enjoyed the post…do drop in your comments
PS : The list was combined based on their fan following on Facebook, twitter & the popularity rankings. And it is unbiased. Plus we excluded notable journalists, celebrities, critics, politicians who have also written books.
(Images made at makeagif.com)
Hello & Welcome back Book Lovers.
Today we pick for you the best romantic, passionate and enticing quotes from your favorite books that will surely make your heart melt and make you want to cuddle these books again.
Be prepared to for some tear dropping..Happy reading!
1. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
-The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)
2. “In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
-Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen)
3. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
– Love Story (Erich Segal)
4. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb….What a stupid lamb… What a sick, masochistic lion.”
– Twilight (Stephanie Meyer)
5. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… every day.”
– The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
6. “If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.”
– Looking for Alaska (John Green)
7. “That the last two letters in her name were the first two in his, a silly thing he never mentioned to her but caused him to believe that they were bound together.”
– Unaccustomed Earth (Jhumpa Lahiri)
8. “Maybe Okay will be our Always”
– The Fault in our Stars (John Green)
(And yes we do all love John green)
9. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.”
– Atonement (Ian McEwan)
10. “I’ve never wanted more, until I met you.”
– Fifty Shades of Grey (E.L. James,)
11. “Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we’re gone.”
– P.S. I Love You (Cecelia Ahern)
12. ‘Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.”
– In Memoriam A.H.H ( Alfred Lord Tennyson)
13. “Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.”
– Romeo & Juliet (William Shakespeare)
14. “I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century, to repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love.”
– Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel García Márquez)
(We know that many would debate it’s not a romantic quote but we surely feel it is one in the most simplest of words)
15. After all this time?”
“Always,” said Snape.”
– Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows ( J K Rowling)
Hope you enjoyed it..do drop in your comments!
Signing off for now..
(These quotes were compiled after asking customers, reader’s through a survey and some help elsewhere. Images via giphy.com and tumblr.com)
Hello and Welcome back book lovers. Sorry we haven’t updated in a while..
But we promise to give you some exciting reads from now on…
So if you are an online junkie or too busy or just plain lazy to go and visit a bookstore.. we give you some amazing reasons that will make you want to get up from comfy seats and get going..
- Sipping a hot cup of coffee and reading a book is the perfect way to enjoy the monsoon season.. and what better place than a bookstore.
- So if you are an online junkie or just lazy it’s a perfect exercise without too much effort.. a stroll in a store is all you need to lose some excess calories.
- Smell of old and new books in a store will make you feel like heaven..
- You can read books all day long in a bookstore in cosy corners without getting disturbed and without buying the book.
- Buying books at the store equals to making new friends equals to new crushes on fictional characters.
- You can meet new like minded people at a bookstore or you might even meet the love of your life there..you never know 😉
- Reading and browsing books makes you look intelligent and sexy.
- You will never discover new books by sitting at home.
- Who wouldn’t want to be surrounded by loads of books and it only happens at a bookstore!
So do visit soon a bookstore near you..its the month for discounts and its loyal readers like you who keep us in business 😉
(images sources via gify.com and tumblr.com)